Tuesday 5 November 2013

Research: Target Audience

 
I made this video to represent general interests, likes and hobbies of my target audience for my music magazine. I managed to get a few of my friends to answer brief questions about their music tastes also in the video. It is not too long, but is more like an overview.
 
 

 
 
Overview of Video Content
 
The post before this one shows my focus group, 5 students who I believed would be interested in my music magazine. (http://bethjmoss.blogspot.fr/2013/11/research-focus-group.html)
 
Also, in my prezi of 'Initial Ideas' I briefly mentioned my target audience:
  • Age: 16-25
  • Female and male but higher percentage of female readers (70% : 30%)
  • Mainly students
  • Which means that readers will most likely be in socio-economic group E (the lowest group) since students will generally not be earning a massive income
  • Psychographic: Explorer - energy - autonomy, experience, challenge, new frontiers. Brand choice highlights difference, sensation, adventure, indulgence and instant effect - the first to try new brands
 
Interests & Hobbies mentioned in video:
  • Gigs
  • Festivals (V Festival mentioned)
  • Skateboarding
  • Fashion
  • Make-up
  • Art
  • Magazines (music magazines)
  • MUSIC - artists mentioned: Jake Bugg, Haim, Two Door Cinema Club
  • Ticket - concert
  • Dancing
  • Instruments - guitar
  • Friends - social
  • Downloads (music consumption - ipod, phone, itunes)
  • Photography
  • Football
  • Driving
  • Holidays (vacations)
  • Television - music chanel (music videos)
 
 Secondary Audience
 
The secondary audience are those who have influence exerted on them by the primary (or target) audience. For my music magazine, the secondary audience would be friends or family of readers, as they may hear about the magazine contents from the target audience who is interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment