Tuesday 26 November 2013

Planning: My Magazine Article

I decided that the first practical step, when starting the production of my music magazine, was to write the article for my music magazine, since this would help me when deciding on cover lines for the front cover, perhaps anchorage of text, and for features on the contents page. 

There was a lot to think about when planning my article, I needed to think about the following questions when writing about my featured artist:


  1. What will be the subject of my article? I will be writing about my featured artist, I have two ideas presently... 1) a mix of artists - (two coming together to make a single or album) OR 2) the story of how my featured artist got to where she is now
  2. Who will it feature? featured artist "Aerin" (unique name - indie fits with genre) 
  3. How will they be represented in the article? (positively / negatively) positively... there will not be much negative representation in my magazine because the purpose is to inform - gratify the audience (talk positively about artists that the audience would be interested in) 
  4. Who is their target audience? Who is the TA for the magazine? How will you reach them in the article? TA of magazine will only be slightly different to the TA of featured artist -- she will have a more male based target audience where as I will try to target my magazine at both genders and of ages between 16-24 [LINK TO TA POST]
  5. Narrative... why are you writing about this? I want a good feature which will entice people to read it... at the same time I want to entertain and inform the audience




No comments:

Post a Comment